A directory website lists products, services, companies in an area or industry, items for sale, and anything else you might imagine. Think of a website like Yelp or TripAdvisor, where restaurants or hotels are listed and reviewed by visitors.
A directory website can become a great source of revenue by offering paid listings or paid premium listings. You could also sell advertising space or paid memberships to visitors to access your curated list.
We built a global directory website for a UK-based organization that connects world-traveling families to foreign educational opportunities, house-swapping arrangements, and other resources. Categories, filtering, and a map interface made navigating the listings a breeze.
A directory website allows you to deepen your connection to your tribe by offering them a place to find the best partners & resources in your niche.
- Free & paid listings
- Allow anyone to create a listing or just paying customers
- Allow businesses to claim their listing
- List homes, cars, restaurants, local businesses, vacation rentals, items – virtually anything you can think of
- Offer different pricing levels for listing durations, number of categories, number of images, etc.
- Integrate with WooCommerce checkout to offer coupons & the full suite of WooCommerce payment gateways (like Stripe, Apple Pay, PayPal, Authorize.net, etc.)
- Custom, automatic notifications for welcome messages, expiring listings, renewals.